88-91 CRX Radiator Question.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, i know a rex thats running the 92+ radiator, only thing is that the cross member has been cut there...

Hey guys, heres the email response from the tech. support at fluidyne...

Brock,

Thanks for contacting FLUIDYNE High Performance. We are actually releasing a unit that is designed to work for this type of swap. It is based off of the 92 and up Civic design (FHP11-92CIV), but the height has been altered to accommodate the clearance issues of the hood. The modifications needed will be to relocate one of the lower mounts on the crossmember and fab up the upper mount on the crossmember (some people use the OEM 92 Civic mount, and some make their own). I recommend contacting Rob at Full Blown Racing (317-885-6710) for additional assistance and ordering.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Keith Robertson
FLUIDYNE High Performance

Sounds like a good idea?????? I probably won't need it with the place racing crossmember though.

Stock rad and fan should be fine, unless you are running a huge turbo like a T4 or if your runnig huge boost. The pic from homemadeturbo is an full blown ZC race engine. Intercooler is Air to Water and it's almost complete. So intercooler isn't that hard to deal with with that manifold.

Go to Homemadeturbo.com and almost everyone uses a stock rad.

I'm going for a little bit more than 8 psi.... more like 18. I think I'm going to stick w/ the info that fluidyne has given me.

i have a t3/t04e and i had to swap the stock crx radiator for a del sol one, but its barely touching the downpipe. so my question is...

#1 i doubt it but.....are there any other oem radiators out there that are a lil shorter in length than a del sol dual core one?

#2 whats the minimum amount of inches that the radiator should be away from the downpipe?

#3 i think that if i cut a section (about 2 inches) away from the metal around the passenger side headlight that the radiator would fit w/o touching the downpipe...are there any cons in doing this?

any other suggestions on how i could get the radiator to fit would be appreciated..thanks

Back