88-91 differences ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cornfed85

i have a 91 ef hatch...previous owner was in a slight wreck screwed up the front bumper and im sure the reinforcement is bent...i recently purchased a bumper and support from a salvage yard.a couple weeks after i purchased them i looked at the bumpers and noticed the bumper lights were different.i dont want to run a 88-89 bumper on my 91.i was on ebay and seen a reinforcement that said 90-91.are the reinforcements different too? i need help asap this is drivin me nuts because i would really like to get my front wrap changed and primed asap.i would really appreciate info

i now know most of the cosmetic differences but i need to know if 88-89 and 90-91 bumper supports are different like the damn bumper..god this is an irritating problem lol.now that i know the computer differences i may try to find out what year mine is and see if i can get a chip burned for it...it was an auto car but i converted it to manual.i pulled the ecu from a car in a salvage yard

I think the bumper supports are different; the 88-89 front bumper lights look smaller than the 90-91; and the bumper lights fight into the bumper support. I could be wrong though. If anything, you can cut the bumper support to make the bumper light fit. I know that's what some guys did with the SiR conversions.

Back