88-91 transmission in EW

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I'm thinking about getting a 85-87 HF(since 88-89 HFs are so fuckin hard to find). First thing though; I read in one of the redpepperracing write-ups that you need a 86-89 teg transmission...Does this mean i'm not able to use my DOHC ZC transmission(90-91)?

you can make it fit!! thats why its custom yo. lol.especially if you aking your own itb's.theirs one crx .wait theor 2 here in town for sale one i know is an hf. i knw its along trip but hey its only like 9 hrs. to tally.

How much is it? I'm not worried about how far it is, because right now I'm looking at a 88 CRX HF in alabama(11 hr drive according to mapquest); if the price is right I can get it shipped. Really just looking for a 89 and older HF with minimal rust; something to throw my D15B VTEC in.

I've read up on it, and turns out a D16A1 transmission will actually work and has the same ratios except for a better first and slightly taller FD(4.1 vs. 4.25)

I'm always on there; there's noone with any EWs and most of the guys with the nicer EFs want too much for it(mainly because they did a B swap); but I was looking for a 88(year specific) EF, which noone had.

That's all right.. but you can swap in the 90-91 DOHC just as easily. Use the ZC mounts from the older body and you'll be good.

Oh yeah, and faster than any goddam thing in your line of vision.

Back