88 Accord LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why don't you do something really crazy like mod out your stock a20. no body does that. You would have to do a lot of the parts custom cause I doubt you can find parts for it but it would be different than anyone else's car out there.

I Would Fix Up Tha A20 But It An Auto. I Want A Manual. Plus How Many 3rd Gen Accords You See Rollin Around With A B16A?

hey snoopy read the post before you flame. please. the dude has the a20. that is like the biggest 4 cylinder turd honda ever crapped out. But wait with the Prelude front end couldn't he do the b20 that is in the prelude? didn't Uncle Buck say he couldn't or did I misread that and he said he can?
ok, i'm still trying to understand WHY you would to through the trouble of the prelude front end on the accord. both cars do have a similar front end look. by time you custom the prelude front end onto the accord, you're not any farther out than you started. in fact, you're now behind. why? because that prelude b20 is quite frankly pretty crappy. it only makes 20 more hp than the a20 and has just as horrible of an aftermarket available. and the jdm b20a for the 3g prelude makes less power than the jdm b20a from the 2g prelude, which is the same b20a that does fit the accord without any mods.

I Would Fix Up Tha A20 But It An Auto. I Want A Manual. Plus How Many 3rd Gen Accords You See Rollin Around With A B16A?
hell, how many 3g accords do you see rollin around at all?

ok, i'm still trying to understand WHY you would to through the trouble of the prelude front end on the accord. both cars do have a similar front end look. by time you custom the prelude front end onto the accord, you're not any farther out than you started. in fact, you're now behind. why? because that prelude b20 is quite frankly pretty crappy. it only makes 20 more hp than the a20 and has just as horrible of an aftermarket available. and the jdm b20a for the 3g prelude makes less power than the jdm b20a from the 2g prelude, which is the same b20a that does fit the accord without any mods.

hell, how many 3g accords do you see rollin around at all?

I Decided To Drop Tha Prelude Front End Idea Because Of Tha B16.

Exactly! :)

i used to have an 88 accord DX with the car'b a20a1. It would be bad ass if you could swap a b16 in it or something but someone said something about hood clearance problem, and i couldnt tell ya. but hell get the b20, or replace front clips and get custom mounts and throw her in. if i had the time and money i would rip that thing apart and swap what ever in it and make everything fit haha

also they make performance carbs for the a20 engines they are made by weber. also i seen a recent mag that had an 87 accord hatch with the fuel injected engine but the a20 i believe. that thing was bad ass. it was boosted and everything haha i think it was modified mag or superstreet. one of those two

yea, so you can do that also (swap with the LXI motor)

I'm having second thoughts about this. I may just sell and buy a 4th gen prelude with the H22. I just need to get a sunroof color because I'm doing racing stripes anyways.

I'm now thinking about just selling and buying a 4TH gen Prelude with the H22. Look out for it in the Prelude section.

Ya my Accord is carb'd. Very slow. Also I prefer the 88 Prelude front end. Better style. I also want to show that Accords, especially the older ones, have balls

Um if you are swapping the motor you aren't really showing anything except that you can swap the motor. If you really wanna show that you will find parts for that motor.

i have a 89 accord

i have an 89 lxi i want to know if any one can direct me in the right direction of a new transmission. the engine is an a20a3 manual. i kinda seized up my transmission.

go to a U-Pull it junk yard that have imports, im not a hundred percent but all them years might work, but dont quote me on it, but if you see one at a junk yard you will probebly be able to get it out for less than 250 bucks

You said your car is carb'd. Good luck converting your car to FI. You're wasting time and money. I know you want to be unique but this really isn't worth it in the least

i have an 89 lxi i want to know if any one can direct me in the right direction of a new transmission. the engine is an a20a3 manual. i kinda seized up my transmission.

Next time start your own thread please. As for your question, yes, like the other guy said, just go to a junkyard and look for another LX-i Accord from the same generation. There aren't any other transmissions that will easily swap in.

Wasn't everyone saying that it would be unique to roll around in the accord either way? I mean seriously how many 88 accords do you see driving around with any performance work done? Hardly any, plus it would be bad ass to see a honda that was pushing some decent horsepower that came stock with a carb.

a swap jus seems to take the meaning out if it. deep down its really not a 3 g when ur runnin an H series. those cars do have balls, almost any car has balls if u wanna put em in. the problem with that car is that there is very little aftermarket support. building an a20 is a lot of patientence, but they can come out nice when u put the work into them.

I mean seriously how many 88 accords do you see driving around with any performance work done?

group.jpg

:)

Back