88 Accord LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anymore pics? Specs on any of the cars?

The one on the far left is (was, got totalled in accident) mine. 86 four-door.

accord2.jpg

Had the usual IHE with the DC Sports header, camshaft made by a group called Openloop out in CA, custom cam gear, MSD SCI ignition, adjustable shifter, throttlebody was bored out a few extra mm. I also had some other goodies for it... ECU from Europe (emissions are completely ignored... I could run without an O2 sensor with that thing!), REAL JDM tail lights, not the shit from eBay. Betcha didn't know there were JDM pieces for this car ;)

jdmtail1.jpg

They match the car's lines better than the horizontal US style with all amber on top and all red on bottom.

The neatest overseas option are the power fog lights. Watch...

YouTube - Fog lights

Those will cost you money.

Mugen parts! Wish I could find 'em... especially the VariableSUS.

356257_110_full.jpg

356257_111_full.jpg

356257_112_full.jpg

356257_113_full.jpg

356257_114_full.jpg

356257_115_full.jpg

Wow, I totally never realized there were such parts available for the third-gen Accords. Those foglights and the adjustable suspension are flippin' sweet!

Nice car by the way! :D

Thanks :) Unfortunately someone went through a stop sign and t-boned the passenger rear door and b-pillar... can we say "crumple zone"? Guy hadn't gotten in an accident since 1954 according to the police. Wow... and I had to be that guy. But with all clouds comes a silver lining.

newsei1.jpg

89 SE-i, two door, five speed. Hardest one to get apparently. What the SE-i is to a third gen, the Si is to a Civic. Four wheel discs, bronze tinted glass, leather interior, 14 inch alloys... all the trimmings. It's also the lightest of the three styles. I'm slowly moving all the parts from the old car to this one... slipping a part in here and there when the weather permits.

I got a stock 88 too andI've been looking to do something like the same....i think im gonna go with a h22 and just go through all the hassle to bust dick...

In case you really wanna go with trying a B20...
I got a B20A5 sitting in my shop :D It runs too! Just has a tick.

Last edited:
Wasn't everyone saying that it would be unique to roll around in the accord either way? I mean seriously how many 88 accords do you see driving around with any performance work done? Hardly any, plus it would be bad ass to see a honda that was pushing some decent horsepower .
My 89 Accord has decent horsepower :) JDM B20a
PICT0009001_0001.jpg

DSCN6229.jpg

Last edited:
Back