88 Civic engine engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gaspal

88 Civic engine swap help

hey everyone, I just bought a 1988 civic hatchback but i dont know shit about hondas even though i love them! I wanna put a better motor in it, something more recent with a turbo! it currently has an old double carburator engine and I was wondering if someone would have any suggestions on what engine I could put in... i have a pretty small budget, something around $2000- $2500! Help me!!!

D16A6, D16Z6 or D16Y8. :) The A6 will probably be the easiest, while the Z6 and Y8 require more wiring. Just search for them(like D16Z6 EF swap or something on Google or in this forum's search engine), and if you have any further questions, just ask.

I was wondering... A guy told me the motor I currently have is a really good one and it would cost me a lot to do swap for not much more power... Is that true? What kind of performance can I get out of my dual carby motor? Can a turbo be fitted on these things? I know im a noob when it comes to carbies...

what motor exactly do you have? example, d16a6, d15**.....
then we can tell you if it's gonna be worth upgrading. it's looking like you might be better swapping in a better motor. possibly another d series for simplicity and cost reasons. and on the other end of that, you might be better off going with a b series swap.

Ive got a D15b4 dual carb... its has 70hp at the moment... im really hesitating on doing a swap or just try to boost up this engine! the big problem is the money, im at uni and i cant really afford to put heaps in this car

i'm not gonna lie. i don't know shit about a carb setup. i'm sure there are things you can do to it, but not sure if it's worth keeping a carb motor for. that i'm going to leave for someone how knows or who's done it. sorry.

bad news! I just got the car fully serviced and checked yesterday and I found out that my engine and a couple of other stuff are completely f**ed, specially my carbies and my brakes! It will cost me too much to fix everything so Im gonna get rid of it and look for something else...such a shame, I liked this car... Thx for everything anyway!

Back