88 civic hb shocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogieDown

i have an 88 civic standard/DX Chass code is ED6(are they the same?) looked on a few sites for the kyb adj. shocks and they list front shocks for 88-91 civic and rears for 89-91? whats the deal w/ that?? can i still use them or not what other things will not fit the 88civic? should i look into a 89-91 because of this?
i looked but hope this has not been covered before

yes i know i need the rear shocks but have not seen a listing for the kyb adj gas shocks. should i try a diff brand??

I've seen them before. Check another site. Or go with Tokico Illuminas.

Originally posted by BoogieDown@May 18 2004, 08:47 PM
yes i know i need the rear shocks but have not seen a listing for the kyb adj gas shocks. should i try a diff brand??

AGXs exist for the 88 rears- just look a little harder. You can also get lower control arms from an 89-91 Civic and just use the 89-91 shocks. KYB does make an application for the rear in their GR-2 line, so I'm sure they have an AGX that fits too.

might be a stupid question but i'm a stupid person so i'll ask if i use 90-93 teg spindles that i get from hmotors (w/b16 swap) i have to use 90-93 teg shocks right?
i have seen where the part# are the same from 88-91civic and 90-93 teg but i have also seen on other sites where there diff

:no: the shock connects to the LCA and you still have stock LCA's. Use shocks designed for you car.

Back