88 crx b18c1 w/ jrsc having start & idle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1998 gsr integra motor w/ jrsc, bored out to 2.0, 10 lbs pulley on jrsc, 550 rc injectors, aem fuel pressure regulator, stock fuel rail, stock fuel pump, ngk platinum spark plugs, accel plug wires. Base map hondata 200b.

This motor is in a 1988 crx si (just swapped)and the motor will start but won't stay alive (its almost like its hitting a rev limited at 25oo rpm
We were told by the wireharness builder it was the distributor and the tdc and ckp sensors were switched in the harness. we switched them around and the car wouldn't start so we replaced the wires back to its original positions

We however narrowed it down to a fuel issue because when we sprayed carb cleaner in the intake manifold it reved freely.

1. the hondata s200b base fuel curve isn't enough for the system
( i told hondata my mods for them to make my base map)

2. the stock fuel pump isn't enough for the system
I have a walbro 255 fuel pump that i haven't installed yet)
Could there be any other fuel issues why it wouldn't stay idling or rev without carb cleaner.
(ps. the motor has a fuel pressure regulator and we have also tried to max that out but the car still stumbles without the carb cleaner)
We will be pulling some codes soon to help narrow down this posible fuel problem
If you guys have any other ideas let me know

Back