88 crx dpfi swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 88 crx with a d15b2 which is dpfi :( that im go turbo on ;):D but i dnt want to do that on dpfi so i want to swap to mpfi :driver:i kno i will need the ecu and injector box which will come with the harness can i use the d16a1 harness and plug and play or do i have to do mor both harness are obd0

thanks but i already have the d16a1 harness can i jus plug and play wit tht harness and ecu ....sorry im not good with wires

I have the IM for this swap off a D16a6; includes:
-Fuel rail
-OBD0 injectors
-Throttle body
-Fuel pressure regulator
-Nicely painted grey
LMK, k.

thanks but i already have the d16a1 harness can i jus plug and play wit tht harness and ecu ....sorry im not good with wires

Your best bet is to modify your existing harness. It isnt hard. Cut solder heat shrink. Done deal.

Trying to use the other harness is going to be a huge pain.

You could also just give $120 (I think) to Monotech and he'll send you a a plug and play harness for a DPFI to MPFI in a 88-91 CRX/Civic DX. Little labels on all the plugs and everything. Though, it really isn't that hard to do it yourself. It's only swaping a few wires and adding for four injectors.

IMO, Monotech all the way. I had a hard time with the DPFI-MPFI swap wiring. It CAN be done, but then you also have to worry about buying the injector pigtails and cutting 2 pins with like 3" of wire left for the ECU pins. Plug and play all the way!!.

say what!? there is no such thing as an obd1 resistor box. that's like an oxymoron. the boxes are for obd0 pre 92 peak and hold type injectors.

OP: if you are using obd0 injectors then you will use a resistor box, and if you intend on using saturated obd1 injectors, you will not use the resistor box. simple as that.

I honestly figured that but I got told to shut up about shit that I don't know what I'm talking about, so I didn't say anything because I honestly didn't know.

Back