88 crx dx B16a swap need some wiring help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im using a b16a with pr3 ecu in my 88 crx dx and need some help with the wiring.
do i change to si wiring or just do the mpfi converison to the orginal.
i have the wiring on the motor to the firewall plugs,,will they connect together if its not si? just need some good advice on what to do.

I think all you do is use the b16a ecu, keep your wiring harness, convert to MPFI if necessary, and run the extra wires needed for vtec. I think you have to run the knock sensor, both vtec wires, and some others too but I'm more familiar with 5th gen Civics. Just wait someone will come by with better info.

And why did you post this thread twice?

im pretty sure u would have to have the si underdash harness too... if u can find that then use it... but convert it to mprfi.. look up the vtec pinouts run the wires... run a knock sensor wire... that ecu does call for one.. its pretty easy... that mpfi swap is on here somewhere.. just take ur time on it and double check everything and u should be good to go... hope that helped a lil

oh ya and to swap it over to mpfi.. u would need the resitor box. the 4 injector harness.. the rest u should have with the motor.. distributor. ecu. knock sensor... etc....solder and heak shrink everything... dont use the butt conectors... do it right the first time..

ok..what can i get the resitor box off of to use.any model crx/civic si
and u said to use the si underdash,and convert it to mpfi but it already is with si??

what he was saying is... if you want to use the si engine harness, youd have to switch your underdash harness to the si as well, but it would be easier for you to just use the dx harness, and conver to mpfi, and yes you can use the resistor box off of an si

i am doing tha same swap in my 89crx u would use ur stock harness and just do the mpfi conversion then u will have to wire vtec, knock sensor and the other o2 sensor

hey i have a 89 crx and it has an b16a wiring harness but it doesn't have the green wire to go to the vtec solenoid on the harness and not sure how to hook that up can i get help because car runs just lack of power is this even why

hello anyone, I need madd help and im not expecting any but god damn do i need it , i just did a tranny motor swap from my 90 integra LS with a B16a OBD MPFI, I swapped it over last weekend into a civic 94 dx automatic, i took the D15b7 with auto tranny out and put my b16a with cable 5 speed in and everything bolts in great after customizing and welding rear and front engine mounts the sides were a direct fit, i ran into a wiring problem from trying to make my own jumper harness using my Pr3 ecu since its mugen chipped i wanted to use it , so my original plan was to use my obd harness from the integra but its so well hidden and too much bullshyt to take it all off the body so i just took the injector harness from my OBD and i left the civic DX obd1 harness in the civic, problem is i already cut the ecu harness wires clips and matched them up with a obd0-obd1 conversion chart off this guy that did the same with his home made chart on boosted.org just type that in google images and the chart should come up but thats how i put the obd1 harness wires to my ecu wires off the pr3 and now i dont know if its right and by the drivers shock tower theres a spider clip and 4 prong clip and byt the passengers side theres the distributor adn fuel injectors clips that obviously dont fit from obd to obd1, i google the plannet about this swap and aint got shyt for help, im sick of coming accross jumper harnesses for sale i dont give a shyt about buying some harness i know how to take the time to make it i just need the proper wire to pinout from th ePr3 ecu to the Obd1 po6 ecu please help!

Back