1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

88 CRX DX Fuel Injection Problem

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by CRX-Fluffy, Oct 3, 2003.

1. CRX-Fluffy

CRX-Fluffy Junior Member

Hey wasup peeps. I'm new to the board :cool: . I was wondering if you guys could help me. See heres the problem.

I have an 1988 CRX DX w/ exhaust and intake using the stock DPFI (Duel point fuel injection). The car starts fine in the morning and I can roll fine. Except, sometimes the car starts revving between 2000-3000 rpm (Or just stays at 3,000 rpm) w/o pressing the pedal. Hence, It revs when Im just sitting there. As it does that, I can smell gas fumes coming from my exhaust and black build up all over the inside (Im guessing its carbon forming from burning gas). Also when It revs I lose throttle control. For example, every time I press the pedal instead of making the car go it just stops it. Kinda of weird. I have posted on other boards, but I cant figure out the problem.

-I have replaced the O rings on the Fuel Injectors
    -Cleaned out the Fuel system with Fuel Injector cleaner

Rarely, does it rev up to 3,000 rpm then back down and gives me a check engine light. But this problem is wasting 50 miles of gas mileage. If you can help I'd appreciate it greatly!

My Contact info:
    AIM: NeophyteEQ
    EMAIL: Fluffycabbage@tranceaddict.net

If your in the LBC area, I'd be happy to drive over there.
Draft saved Draft deleted