88 Crx/h22 Swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DAZ81

Ive got a 88 CRX with the d16 dohc 16v engine and i want to put a h22 engine in to it, is it possible if so what will i need. ive allready got the h22 + ecu + g,box + wiring loom. and all the ancillaries. wud my original g,box fit on to the h22. what do i do bout the drive shafts. :(

it is possible to put an H22 in a crx but it is alot of work and in the end i dont think its worth it. your probably gonna need to make custom drive shafts and your old g' box wont fit. nothing from your rex will fit. theres alot of cutting and messing around and in the end your motor will be hangin real low to the ground. but it is possible i have a freind who did it. good luck anywayz. B)

i have a h22 CRX and my motor dosent hang close to teh ground i just had to invest in good tien suspension for a integ and it keeps my il pan far from the ground...u still need alot man just the motor and ecu dosent cut it u still need likt 1 month of the car siutting around and mounts and alot of cutting to make the thing fit ya its cheaper to go b series turbo but everyone has that i pop my hood and heads take a shit looking at my setup up and asking questions becaseu just cuz i look stock dose not mean im close to it...

I am also cinsidering this swap. I know its quite the mammoth motor to see in that little engine bay , but wow........ANd i imagin 1/4 mile times wouldnt be too bad.

KSRD had a h22 ef hatch that ran 11.86@ 111mph

who is ksrd?..im running ho 12's on slick but i still need more tunning and i got the 12.7 best with suspension problems...i know on the bottle i can hit hi 11's but i want to stay N/A for now...

Well, like in one of the earlier posts... the guy said that its alot of work. And to do something like that it is possible but the labor it involves is ALOT! And that is just if you plan to do it yourself. You might not get everything right the first time around and you'll tear everything apart to figure what went wrong. This set up isn't done very often just because of the labor and the hours that it takes. But for whoever makes it work...its a freaking sweet setup. You'll have people pissing in their pants when you pop the hood to show them...that is my 2 cents on the deal

ok in your 1st post, you said you currently have a dohc zc, when you take it out, will you want to sell it? if so how much? just give me a pm.

Back