88 CRX HF Swap Question.......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CReX123

So I swapped a b18a1 into my car a while back, and im just now getting around to completing the integra conversion by putting rear discs onto my car from a 90-93 Integra. I got the whole rear discs and I also went ahead and purchased aftermarket rear lower control arms for a 90-93 Integra. For some reason when i goto put it in my car, The shock and spring wont fit in there. It seems like the spring is too long and i cant reach the rest of the suspension to bolt onto the car.

So for all of you out there that have a rear disc conversion from a 90-93 Integra on your CRX, Please explain to me what parts you have on there and Any suggestions you have for me to fix my problem.

FYI:I also tried putting the stock CRX lower arm in there with the stock crx shock and spring, and it still seems to long.

I have the same car and I did the rear disk conversion with the trailing arms from a 91 teg. Everytime I have seen write-ups on how to do the swap, they say to use the rear control arms and suspension from the CRX. So basically you are using only the rear trailing arm (with all the brake parts) from the integra. This is what I did on my car and I had no problems with the conversion.

The fork that connects to the lower control arm is about 3-5 Inches past where it should be.

Any Ideas?

Are the they stock Integra springs and shocks that you are using?

Is the aftermarket control arm that you are using made to just look pretty or is it supposed help with camber problems?

I have aftermarket Shocks and Springs for an integra, I also tried putting the stock CRX lower arm and shock and spring in and that had the same result, Too Long.

Am I supposed to use the Upper Arm from the Integra or the CRX?

And the Lower arms i bought are made for both looks and camber.

Also, Does anyone know of any good write-ups on this?

I used the upper arms from the Integra for a while until I got my adjustable SPC units.

The website I used for reference doesn't appear to be working at the moment.

I creatively routed the Integra E-brake cables (they are longer) and they work fine. I believe that you can use the E-brake cables from a CRX Si too.

Is the 3-5 inch gap with the shock compressed or with it fully extended?

If you had the stock CRX suspension on there before you swapped the trailing arms, you should not have a problem because that is not a part that requires modification for this conversion.

Back