88 crx hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dcoig1985

I just bought this 88 crx hf a couple months ago for 500 bucks. It was getting around 26 mpg when I got it, which seems rediculously low from the epa estimations. The exaust smells like gas. I changed the gas filter, the o2 sensor, air filter, spark plugs, and wires, got new tires, and now its getting mid 30's. I'm getting engine codes 1 and 12 even after the o2 sensor and they've been coming on since I got the car. I think the troubleshooter tells me 12 is a false code and may be a bad ecu. Yesterday while driving back from N.O. the car started shaking violently and I thought my new ansa muffler which is currently rigged up had fallen off. The damn thing cost nearly half as much as the car so i pulled over and it was fine for the time being. Getting back up to speed was HELLL.... the car has always been a dog and with the a/c on never makes it past 65 unless you are in 3rd gear,

Long story short needs cv axle, still getting codes, too much bullshit need good gas mileage like 40 or 50mpgs. which engine d15z1?

code 12 is the EGR Lift Sensor on the HF - will affect mileage - a good tuned HF will normally get close to 50mpg

Back