88 crx ls vtec starting problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

viper4754

so over the winter i built a ls vtec motor put it in and tried to start it when i did it was only running on two cylinders had spark to every cylinder but only 4 and 2 where shooting fuel out of injetors so i switched injetors around to see if the were bad but still sprayed out of 2 and 4 so i changed resister box still did same thing at the time i was running a obd1 ecu and distributor but obd0 injectors so i changed back to obd0 ecu and obd0 distributor and obd0 injectors then it sprayed out of all four i was like sweet put rail back on manifoild went to start it up an while tryint to turn it over it was backfiring checked all my grounds checked by distributor order it was right any help im running a b17 head so i figured sticking to obd0 would be the way to go

Last edited:
please any help would be awesome if only i could get it running so i could get some codes

Last edited:
i have spark on each cylinder i have fuel on each cylinder took rail of and looked at it is there any way the timing could be off you can only turn the distributor so far either way i have it in middle but that should not be enough to make it not run right its like its sparking when its at the bottom of the stroke unstead of the top any help please someone anyone:(

Check and see if maybe a fuel pressure regulator might do the trick. Do you have a new fuel filter? When I did my swap it was doing the same thing but then I bought a new fuel filter ($17 at honda dealer) and a new fuel pressure regulator and it did the trick :)

Back