88 CRX Si B18A swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spdr

I finally have my engine in, and now I'm doing the wiring. I don't see much on how to do the wiring on a crx si so I just had some questions, are there supposed to be a few extra plugs that dont get plugged in? Probably a dumb question but I really have no clue, and also there is a round plug on the driver side that comes off the b18 that comes off the fuel rail that has nothing to connect to on that side. Hopefully someone out there can enlighten and elaborate on how I can get around these problems. Thanks,
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

If I recall correctly there is a green sensor on the back of the block that doesn't get plugged in. other than that all sensors and plugs are used.

Well there are alot of wires on mine that arent matching up with anything, so I'm getting kind of worried, is there a way to tell if my b18a1 is obd1?

well i have a jdm b18b in my car which is a 91 crx si. I used my stock si wiring harness and everything pluged rite in, i just extended my 02 sensor wire and that was all. and im using a obd0 pr4 ls ecu.

yea everything should plug right in except for that one green sensor on the top of the block (knock sensor i think)

see mine didnt have that green sensor, i didnt have any extra unplugged sensors

Then that makes me wonder what is going on with mine then, because I have quite a few plugs coming from the b18 that have nowhere to go, the person before me had a zc in it, is the wiring any different for those, meaning he could have replaced wiring or put different harnesses in?

Still curious about the round plug coming out of fuel rail on the drivers side too,, anyone else have this on their b18?

uhh what year is the ls motor? zc has the cam sensor on the exaust cam the ls is in the dizzy

I'm 99.9 percent sure that the ls is out of a 91 integra.. but i'm still wondering about that round plug coming out of the fuel rail...

Are you using the stock harness that was in the car on the old motor? Is the car an Si or was it a DX that someone did the MPFI swap on?

Yeah its the stock harness, and it has the Si emblem on the rear of the car so I'm thinking yeah it is an Si.. does the DX mpfi conversion involve this large round plug?

The round plug on the drivers side goes into the resistor box...that little metal box under the hood hinge... if theres no box than it wasnt a si or it wasnt obd0 and you need to get one from an obd0 car.

I have the resistor box, but the plug that has wires coming from the MAP sensor and the other sensor is not present, I pulled some of the harness off of a OBD0 integra but it has alot of wiring that goes inside the car, so I'm pretty much stuck wondering where the hell that wiring goes after it goes into the car?

Back