88 CRX Si Specs or Differences vs 89-91 Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tuffytwochins

1988 Honda Civic CRX Si. Im swaping a Jdm B16a into my 88 CRX Si. Id like to know all the differences in the 88 CRX Si. I know the seat mounts are different but how and why? Also the rear controll arms are different from a 89 up civic. But I beleive they are the same specs. I know from experience 88 Civic Dx Clutch is diff from the 89 up civic. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks for your time, Tuffy This is my first post. Heres a bonus for anyone who is into the 88 CRX Si 88 CRX Brochure

Last edited:
Wha?

I've read it 3 times and still can't figure out wth your talking about...?

You have a 88 civic crx si. your swapping in a b16 into 88 crx si. whats the difference in the 88 crx si?

?? 88 crx si and 88 crx si are the same thing... the rear control arms are the same. the seat mounts are the same. everything is the same.

please explain and maybe we can help you better.

Sorry about that, the fact is my 88 Crx is different than an 89 Crx. And I was hoping someone could tell me the specific details. If those are available or personal observations, on the differences from 88 Civic and the 89-91 Civic. Thanks for you time thou

Usually the only difference in the models (4th gen crx's) is the 88 and 89 are different than the 90-91.
I'm not really sure of all the things, but some small things would be the 88-89 have exterior screws on the front corner lights, and they have a boxier gauge cluster cover.

If you've actually tried the seat interchange between the two cars, I'll accept that, but I don't think the floorplan is any different throughout ALL the 4th gen models.

Greeting from Hungary

Whats up HondaSwap!
My name is Zack and I'm from Pensacola, FL. I'm the proud owner of a 1989 CRX Si with a jdm B16A swap. Right now, I'm attending Calvary Chapel Bible College in Europe so I'm missing the Rex. My brother is crankin' it up weekly so, no worries. Well I hope I can bring some Honda knowledge to the table and I know you guys already are as I've read alot of the threads. Cool. God Bless.

Thanks guys for your all your help. I hope my first thread is as helpfull to others as it is to me. Good luck at Bible College Zack, keep us here in your prayers, and thanks for the link. It was very informative. Alot of things I had heard but were not sure of. Especially the passive rear steer in my 88Si. Now Ill have to reconsider the rear disc brake swap some more?

Last edited:
Back