88 CRX Si Wiring Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spdr

I had posted a topic about this a few weeks ago but am yet to figure it out, it has to do with the fact that my CRX has no round plug to connect to the round plug that comes off of the small gray resistor box that comes out of the b18a1 engine wiring harness on the drivers side, the square plug is there, but the large round one that is supposed to come off of the cabin harness is missing, I was wondering if this problem has ever been encountered before, or why it is like this. The last engine that was in it was a ZC. Thanks...

your crx was probably dpfi, and they converted it, and when they did, they probably soldered the injector box to the injectors instead of wiring the plug in there.

if you are doin a ls swap you will need the vacumm sensors off the firewall of the ls that is the only thing i know of that it could be.... i have the same swap had a zc but blew it so know its time for a b18a1 ls motor had to use the vacumm pods from the integra

What do the vacuum pods look like? I just wish I could figure out why the round plug that is supposed to come out of the firewall of the car isnt there.. its just weird..

I just read what zc hatch said, and to clarify more the box is hooked to nothing right now we're still in the process of wiring the engine up... thats why I'm wondering what to do there, maybe it is a dpfi but it shouldnt be because it is an Si?

if its an si, it should of had a plug at the end of the injector resistor box. It may not match up to an ls, but you probably have to change one of the plugs to match, or eliminate the plugs and wire them all strait and solder them.

well its an Si but theres no plug at all or wires.

no no, just take a pic of whats goin on there and post it, it will be alot easier to figure out.

s3fe8eb56c3514.jpg

Alright i got a picture of the resistor box on the drivers side thats coming off of the engine, circled is the round plug that comes off the engine harness, thats where the problem lies. There is no round plug coming out of the cabin harness through the firewall, the other square plug next to the round plug (the non green one) does have a mate that comes off of the cabin harness. But the round one doesn't, thats where the problem lies....

I know this might be dumb but that plug looks like it plugs into the distributor or its the wrong end and you have the harness backwards. :lol: Can you take a picture of the plug up closer and the one that your trying to plug it into.

yeah it does look like that but it just has the cut off end of the plug from the teg still stuck in it, i can take a better picture

Back