88 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wlp2008

i have a crx si with a d16a6. i think valve seals are bad and im only gettin like 26 mpg and burning more then a qt a week.

i have a f22b1 and f22b2 sitting around. i was thinking about putting and f2d on the b1 and build the f22 block to h22 head with the other block then boost it once i have it built.

or on the other hand i could just sell both motors. buy a z6 head or rebuild my a6 head and block and just turbo it. i mean a grand for the f2d could be better spent on building the d motor.

im planning on a 2 bottle setup of nos 150 shot, turbo. looking to get ~300 whp ~350 with nos. obx lsd. misi rad. hondata s300(not sure might use chrome to save $ for nos/turbo kit)

my goal is to have this dont before sept 12.

im leaning toward the f2d because of the displacement and the iron sleeves, and low comp ratio. and plus i already have everything for the swap besides the f2d adapter place and mounts. but want some advice on this my goal is around 350 whp with a 150 shot of nos.

For 350whp it would be easier and safer going with the larger displacement engine. That's the route I would probably follow in your shoes anyway- except for the fact that I live in Texas, so I would want to keep my air conditioning no matter what. If I could find a way to run AC easily on the F2D, that would be my choice.

yea thats one of the reason im not sure cause im pretty sure with the f2d theres only room for the alt pulley without cutting the frame. where i live its bearable with sunroof and 20 percent tint in middle of july but can be hot if stopped. but i thnk its worth the sacrifice.

i took the intake mani and tranny off the f22b1 last night its bare motor now, im going to test compression soon as i find my starter and send my camshaft to bisi for a level 2 regrind this week. as soon as i sell my accord im going to get the f2d kit for my ef. and start piecing a nos kit together.

another Q? can the f22b1 ecu be programmed with hondata/chrome or do i need like a p28 or somethin?

I would just cut the frame a bit. If you notch it properly it's fine.

Not sure on the ECU, but I imagine the OBD1 ECU should be pretty easy to hack into even if it's not a P28. Check Hondata's compatibility list, bump it off of Uberdata, Crome, Ghettodyne, Turboedit and all the other free programs.

Back