88 CRX swap with B18B and C

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mellowgorilla

I've got an 88 CRX Si. I also have a 94 B18B1 Head block and trans. The pistons are Type R and the rods are also R and the crank is GSR. The block and internals have all cleaned, honed, rebuilt.
But I am not sure how well it will run, the piston heads are larger and the compression is lower. Does anyone know what kind of problems I might have with fuel? I don't know what I should do. :blink:

Why didnt you use the B18B Crank and Rods? You've decreased the rod length and stroke lenght...

Rod Length - B18C1-5 = 5.340
Rod Lenght B18A/B B20B = 5.394

I think you better get a B18B Crank and rods and disassemle...

brian i think your numbers are backwards. both blocks have the same dech height. and if the ls has a longer stroke, it will have shorter rods. and since the gsr has a shorter stroke it it has longer rods.

mellow, your compression should be higher then an ls. your compression should be around 10.5:1 with that combo.

Ok, higher compression. So what kind of fuel differences should I have? Should it push the same amount of fuel and compress more? Or will it compress the same and use less fuel? I am not sure. What can I gain from this setup?

if you dont make any changes in fuel delivery, then it will still push the same amount of fuel and compress it more, i would run higher octane if you dont already.

Yeah, one more thing. I have the Stock wiring from the LS and the stock wiring from the crx si. I know the joining plugs are not the same. Is this what I need to buy for my NON VTEC swap?
Hasport Subwiring Harness Vtec B-Series Swap
Can I dice up the si and LS and make them fit?

Has anyone else done this? The reason why I ask this is because everyone else has a B-series Vtec swap. So I can only read up on so much.
Thanks

Back