88 crx zc mini me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iroccamero

OK i haven't 88 crx Si it has a sohc zc and i need to replace the head so i was thinking of doing a d16z6 mini me but i haven't been able to find a write up on the wiring needed or what all i need to do the conversion any links or any info would be greatly appreciated

OK i haven't 88 crx Si it has a sohc zc and i need to replace the head so i was thinking of doing a d16z6 mini me but i haven't been able to find a write up on the wiring needed or what all i need to do the conversion any links or any info would be greatly appreciated

its just like any other mini me swap correct me if i am wrong.
The easiest mini-me swap for a crx is a D16Z6 head on your stock d16a6 block. You can keep the stock d16a6 intake manifold and exhaust manifold, they will work fine. Then you need a P28 ECU to match the d16Z6 head. Then you need a OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness to run the ecu in your car. Then a D16Z6 distributor and a D16Z6 oxygen sesnor.

Thoes are the parts you need to run it nicely and to its most power. You can't just put a switch to turn on VTEC. It will make noise but on a proper VTEC engine, more fuel is added and the timing is advanced.

Back