88 HF options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
This is my friends car. Bought it like it is, but there was a radiator leak and the car overheated and the engine is pretty screwed over (D16A6). What are the most economical options? A rebuild? If so, where and what is a good cam to put in?
Also for swaps, what will be a straight bolt in? ZC?
How hard would it be to put in a Z6 or Y8?
Thanks. You can check out the car here: http://www.hondashowoff.com/profile.php?id=4259

If your going to spend the money to rebuild it I would just go with a b16 complete swap. I think that it would still be pretty civilized even with a b16. :)

looking at under $500 for parts. b16, although highly desirable, is out of range. this car is dead and needs to be fixed soon.

ZC is by far the easiest and cheapest swap. You would need the computer and motor. Fix any broken parts on the ZC. The HF is mpfi already so I don't think there is much to wiring it. The HF is also the lightest CRX so you should be slightly faster with it than a DX, STD or SI model. You could keep the tranny, although a si or zc tranny would be better for acceleration. There is alot of stuff on the ZC motor, do a search on hs or google it. The car is in good shape otherwise it looks like, I would say it is worth it.

A ZC is the way to go man. I'm going to drop one in Katie's car (88 LX) sometime later this year. It drops right in- you just have to flip a few wires around and you're done.

You can use any D series transmission with it. If you use the ZC transmission, you'll want to get 90-93 Integra axles. The shift linkage lines up like stock- the ZC transmission is still a D series part. The ECU should plug in, but I think you have to flip the wires to the TPS or something. It's a very minor wiring change to run a ZC in an HF.

i know what goes into my car. never had a crx so i'm not sure what exactly fits or not =)

Back