1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

88 integra engine swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by civic2nr9177, Mar 5, 2004.

1. civic2nr9177

civic2nr9177 Junior Member

How difficult is this and has anyone done this swap before. What all will I need from the 94 integra and what can I keep from my car if anything. Thanks alot for any help.

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

SEARCH did you by chance try that? Im sure it's been done... I bet you an OBD conversion is in the directions somewhere along with getting the Engine, Trans and ECU and shift linkages modified to fit the car as well. But try searching though, it may do wonders.

3. civic2nr9177

I do search. Just bc it says noob above my name does not automatically mean that "hey he doest search, I need to jump to conclusions and act like I am the owner of the place and flame him." Dang dude. Just trying to get some quick inside info and see if anyone had any expereince. By the way I am a member to many other honda forums and yes I search there too.

4. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Spoda, chill with the search shit, thats only good for questions that are asked every day.

5. civic2nr9177

6. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

yeah, you have to do an OBD1 to OBD0 conversion. i dont know if anyone makes mounts for that gen integra, but i have heard that its a VERY tight squeeze getting a B18 in there.

if you want to go B18 i would recommend trying to procure a 90-91 integra B18. so you dont have to do the OBD conversion.

my personal recommendation for a 1g integra is a B16. its smaller and fits easier, but you do still have to do the OBD conversion.

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

88-91 Civic's in Japan werent OBD-0? I thought they were.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted