88 Integra Zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

genzaroff

I have a buddy who is looking to do a ZC swap on his 88 Integra and I have run into some interesting issues trying to find any information about the job. Most of the sources that I've looked at say that a ZC won't fit into the 1st gen Integras but they don't go into any detail. I thought that the ZC was a JDM version of the D16 right? If so wouldn't the ZC share the same block as the American D16?

I know that a B16 would be a better idea but he just doesn't have the money. Also if the ZC won't work, what's the difference between the ZC and the D16 that gives it the extra 12hp? Thanks in advance.

I don't know much about the 1G Integras myself, but everything that I've read says that the 1G Integras have different engine mount setups than the rest of the D blocks. Supposedly the ZC and other newer D series engines won't bolt straight into the 1G Integra chassis. I've never tried though, so I don't know. You might be able to hybrid the stock mounts with the ZC mounts or something to make the engine fit.

The ZC does not have the same mounts. The ZC has the same mounts as the 88-91 Civic/CRX. The integra has the same mounts as the 84-87 civic. The ZC is SIMILAR to the 88 teg motor. You can rebuild your Teg motor with ZC internals, but you are talking about 118 stock Hp VS. 130. I dont really see the point, but...

Back