89-91 AC compressor choice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steelbuster

The AC wasn't working when I did my B16 Swap so I never finished the AC installation. I hate to buy Hasports $200 bracket for my 89 Si compressor and then find out it's no good.. What compressor fits the 90 JDM SiR B16? My guess is the 90-91 Teg. since so much of the Civic SiR was from the Integra. Has anyone done this swap and if so woll the hoses and fittings interchange?
Pappy

yeah im not sure if that will fit in the engine bay, but here's a suggestion that i wanted to make, try it w/out ac for awhile, i thought i could never give up AC, but i screwed around all summer long and didn't get the system refilled and it really wasn't that bad, haha and now i got a 200 dollar hunk of metal of an ac bracketl i don't need...

forget ac, waste of space. roll down both your windows and drive really fast. unless you live in the desert that should be enough coolant.

DO live in desert..... broiling sucks... AC is good for your soul.

Hey B16CRX, do you want to sell the Bracket?
Pappy

well im not in a huge hurry to sell it cause i kinda like having everything just in case i want AC again, but for starters find out which compressor you have, i think its either mitsuba or Sansui or something like that to make sure it will work and throw a price my way...by the way i think mine a mitsuba, but i'll have to check, if your really interested post back and i dig it up...

Back