89 accord b series swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89accord1

ok so im new here i have an 89 accord dx stock with an a20 carb. i am getting a set of mounts to do a b series swap, i was wondering if any one has any info that could help me out with this like what sensors i am going to need what wire harness im gonna have to change/modify etc. and what to do to convert the fuel system. thanks any help would be great.

I'm not that familiar with the pre-90 Accords on compatibility, however, it is my impression that you really want to be starting with an LX-I model (injected) or DX-I/EX-I, I really don't know about the annotations but my point is that you may run into a lot less compatibility issues that way with the fuel system. But a tip, check and see on auto zone if it lists the same part numbers for the fuel pump for both the carbed version and the FI version. Really sort out all that. But I will say you will need all of the following at least for the swap:

1) ECU
2) Motor Mounts
3) I can't imagine resuing the old axles, so keep that in the back of your mind although I could be wrong
4) Wiring Harness for engine

Things like the shift linkage, harness adapters, custom fuel lines, a different alternator, starter, etc are all possibilities as well. The less user friendly you are going for the better, ie eliminating power steering could save you the trouble of making different PS lines.

Really though, there probably aren't enough people left on this board, sadly, that have done it or would know the details. There's a great forum call 3geeaccord or something along those lines that is loaded with info:

Here it is 3geez.com - One Site. Three Generations of Classic Accords - Powered by vBulletin

Back