89 civic dx hatch b18a1 swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tmracer

So I have a civic dx hatch that I swapped a b18a1 with a gsr tranny and I did the dpfi to mpfi conversion but I still dont have any connectors for the o2 sensor or the other three sensors on the back of the block. I have also been stumped on what screws in to the thermostat housing I have tried 2 temp sensors and neither of those where big enough. please help me out thanks.

The o2 sensor you will have to run all 4 wires to the ecu.. The sensor for the thermostat housing I believe was on the back of the block on the older motor..

Okay The Oxygen sensor I have is only 1 wire so I am going to need to run one wire from the ecu? or did I get the wrong sensor? as for the thermostat housing your saying maybe I have the wrong one since there is a sensor in the back of the block? and what about the other sensors in the back of the block, do I need to run wires for all of those too from the ecu? Thanks for your reply

You will need a 4 wire o2 sensor... and the rest I would need a pic to understand what your talking about..

Edit: which ecu are you using and did you convert it to obd1??

Last edited:
no it is a b18a1 so it is obd0 and I am pretty sure the o2 is just a one wire senosr so I gained acces to the inhonda website at school and printed like 20 pages of ecu and connector pinouts and wiring diagrams so I am just gonna run all new wires for all of the sensors I have left over. As for the sensor I will try to get a picture of the housing but I am pretty sure it is the fan switch which I swear I tried but I shall try again.

Ok yeah its a one wire o2, some of the b18a1's are obd1... The fan switch on that will be on the back of the block.. On obd1 they put in on the thermostat housing... And one of them on the block will be the oil pressure switch.. Im trying to think what the third is..

Back