89 civic hatch-need some advice/info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89efbuild

I just got an 89 ef hatch for free. It has 300k miles n needs a clutch. All my friends tell me gsr swap n switch to hydro tranny. I'm new at this stuff n could really use someones brain! Thanks

What do you want to do with it, do you want a daily driver good for mpg or a little beast. If you want something that your gonna drive to work everyday, then swap in a ZC. If you want a little beast, then go ahead with the gsr swap, you are going to need aftermarket mounts compatible with hydro tranny setup, shorten your shift linkage or buy some aftermarket ones, 90-93 integra axles, a jumper harness for the ecu and you might need some Si or Dx hubs if its a base model hatch. And if you live in California, you need to get your swap reffed or get ready to pay some tickets.

for the most part always go hydro.. b18 are great and if you got the money go for it... but b16 are great motors and theres tones of parts for them at great prices.. the motor it self is a good price too

Back