1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 civic hb b16 10,000 rpm

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by superstreetb16, Feb 23, 2005.

1. superstreetb16

superstreetb16 Member

how is iy possible to het my b16 to get to 10,000 rpm i have zex valve springs, and titanum retainers, and stage 2 street strip cams. my tuner can program my ecu to 10 gran but i was wondering if i use a b17 crank if i would be safer in the uper rpms becuase i hear it would give me a better r:s ratio. pleeze give feedback

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

i dont think you can use the b17 crank in the b16. I'm also pretty sure your going to want some new rods.

Why do you need to rev to 10k, I'm 90% sure your powerband stops at around 9k if that (that's giving you the upperhand).

I can make a program that will allow me to rev to 10k on my LS, but it won't be benificial cause it won't make power past 7.5k. I'm not doing this, it's an example

3. superstreetb16

superstreetb16 Member

im know u can use the crank because we've done it b4 but the thing is im sayin if i can gain a better r:s ratio it would let my motor rev higher with out loosin reliablity and power the rods i haver everything id forged but i figure wit a better r:s = more power at upper rpm and plus i think its cool to be able to show ppl saturday nights at the races "yo i can rev to 10,000 rpm u cant lol but nothin on my car is stock besides like sleeves and axles

4. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

cool yes but i don't know how much more power you are going to get out of going to 10k unless you are a rotory engine...(you know what i mean right 92civicb18b1). but all jokes a side how is it that you can use a b17 crank? i thought that the crank had a longer stroke then the b16 crank i could be wrong tho. and if you can get it to 10k i want to be cool to :D :p

5. superstreetb16

superstreetb16 Member

well from what im told from honda is really the b17 is really a stroked out b16a1 i know u can use it but what my questions was if its true by using the b17 crank if it really would give u a better r:s.. i would do it unless i know 4 a fact i would be better off

6. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

ahhhh got what you are saying shit if you can get some more stroke out of it i would do the same thing, well if i ever get it to start again... :(

7. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

I am not sure what the b17 crank r/s length is, but here is what I learned. I also want to rev to 10K+ :) The key is light and short. You want the shortest r/s you can get, and make sure all the engine parts (flywheel, rods, pistons, crank, valves, valve springs, cams, cam gears) are the lightest you can get. If you want to make power beyond 9K you need a very high compression ratio with really aggressive cams.

8. superstreetb16

superstreetb16 Member

hopefully i can do this but if not o well as long as i keep blowin away every lil rich guys car dat thinks there fast. i love reving dats why i love b16's but if any 1 can get me da exact r:s ratio of the b17 they would help.. im really trying to gel all the efficiencty out of the motor i can

its funny when u look at it like dis

Car - $500
    Engine - $1200
    Motor Work - $9000

Blowing away brand new 2005 evo - priceless

9. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

B16A r/s = 1.75
    B17A r/s = 1.62

Switching cranks to run to 10k is a bad idea. Just make power at lower revs. What's your motivation to spinning at 10k anyway? Trying to look cool?

10. projectxspeed

Its something different. I don't know any people who can rev to 10k and not blow there sh!t up. Plus how cool would it be to not only be able to rev to 10K but also make power.

11. superstreetb16

superstreetb16 Member

thanx...is not really about the cool part its mor eabout if its really a good thing im tryin to prove somethin to someone where im from its probly not physcial possible to make anythin but power loss and failure past that it probly the whole inertia crap......i will probly not do it and i'll probaly rip apart the motor and build a cr/vtec turbo then ill be going away from the whole r's thing but oh well there no replacement for more power my hb beats my civic with the h22 all day my thing is i rather have horsepower then toque

12. phunky.buddha

Punctuation is your friend.

13. projectxspeed

14. ef9civicgen4

ef9civicgen4 Senior Member

and its even funnier like this...
    95 4 door civic - $free
    B16- $free
    turbo kit @10lbs pushing 300whp- $3500

blowing you away after you get a big head from beating an evo- PRICELESS

okay, but seriously. if you want to do all this cheaper and faster. get a gsr, 13:1 comp pistons, an aggressive cams, a little p&p and micro polishing, some itbs and it would be a beast. im just saying, you dont have to rev that high to make 12sec passes.

or, someone from a shop by me had a b18c bored over to a 2.1L, 12:1 comp, some p&p work, jun stage 2 cams, and act clutch and slicks was running a 12.8et.

15. projectxspeed

I still like the idea of having a b16 rev monster. BTW ef9civicgen4 your bank account 0wnz mine by 90 bucks. :D

16. nismogod

nismogod Senior Member

hatch = 500
    h22 = 2000
    nitrous = 500

3k and a 12 second pass. of course, i'm neglecting mounts and what not.

not internals or anything. :-D

17. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

ok then,

I'm not getting into the technical part of this anymore because I already expressed my opinion and what I knew.

But,

93 CX - 800
    92 LS swap - 400
    My custom turbo kit - >$1k

Being able to have 300 hp (if I wanted), blowing away "your" 10k project - PRICELESS (j/k :p)

18. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Thats funny Torque wins races ya know that right. Horsepower just keeps you going.

19. nismogod

nismogod Senior Member

i wonder if he also realizes that 99% of 4 cyls make more HP then TQ

20. phunky.buddha

I didn't know that. :eek:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted