89 civic hb b16 10,000 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93 CX - 800
92 LS swap - 400
My custom turbo kit - >$1k

Being able to have 300 hp (if I wanted), blowing away "your" 10k project - PRICELESS (j/k )

i wonder if he also realizes that 99% of 4 cyls make more HP then TQ

I didn't know that.

that is too funny my turn my turn

97 civic lx=16000 brand new
b16=400 bucks
having my civic not start anymore pricless....

but for real tho the money you are going to spend on making your engine rev to 10k it is not worth it not even to be cool about it for the money you are going to spend get a b18c5 change the pistons, cams, and put a turbo on it i think the sound of the "psssssssuuuu" from a blow off valve is better then reving forever

I plan on building a motor that revs to 10k some time in the future. And it was mentioned before, but a 1.74 r/s ratio, such the one for the b16, is what people like to call the best compromise, for engine geometry. Most efforts in changing r/s ratio are to minimize the side loading on the cylinder walls, and maintaining an even up/down motion within the cyinders. Too much side loading = lots of friction, loss of energy that is spent loading the wall instead of pushing the cylinders down, and fun vibrational problems that are going to screw your motor up down the line. I'd stay with the b16 crank. If you are going to rev to 10k, make sure your car can breathe up there. That is 95% of the reason why most engines don't rev that high. The other 5% is probability of bearing or rod failure.

Umm.. yea.. build that... but I noticed the debate on HP and torque. I'm sure a lot of y'all have found it, but this is damn near the best write-up I've ever seen as far as torque vs. hp

Torque vs. HP

i think the appropriate question is: "how long do you want to rev to 10k?" i can probabaly get my d16a6 to 10k if i wanted and had the appropriate ecu. i just lost my license for 3 years, so i've been running that bitch to computer rev limit every chance i can. i'm going to have to sell my baby. that sucks, i used to warm it up a whole minute before driving. now i drive my stock d16 i/h/e to 7.5 or wherever the computer stops it, and it feels great. smell some serious brake and clutch, but why do i care now right. i'm going to spend this 3 years building a monster lsvtec or crvtec.

it is amazing how much better 7.5 sounds than 6.25k on a proper exhaust.

run it as high as you can, but don't expect it to live for long unless you build the crap out of the head.

-j

The DOHC puts out 133 ft-lb of ground-pounding torque, but I've seen some older Neons that are leaking torque and you have to avoid driving behind them because the torque, once leaked, is slippery.

bahahahhaa

Back