89 Civic HB sohc ZC?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondazc89

Over the past 2 years I have been trying to get my zc running and on the road, but I have encountered many a problem, first I bought the harness from hasport for the dx to zc swap, but the dizzy conections are for the 1.5 dizzy, the car is not running i believe its because of this, and if it is I need the 1.6 dizzy huh? And please help me, im ready to give up, can someone supply a wiring diagram for the new dizzy? Thank you. :worthy:

Originally posted by hondazc89@Feb 24 2005, 09:40 PM
Over the past 2 years I have been trying to get my zc running and on the road, but I have encountered many a problem, first I bought the harness from hasport for the dx to zc swap, but the dizzy conections are for the 1.5 dizzy, the car is not running i believe its because of this, and if it is I need the 1.6 dizzy huh? And please help me, im ready to give up, can someone supply a wiring diagram for the new dizzy? Thank you. :worthy:
[post=465920]Quoted post[/post]​

sounds like you have a harness for DOHC ZC which uses square 5 wire distributor connector just like on the DX - this is because the DOHC ZC has the Cylinder Position Sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft and not in the distributor like the SI ot SOHC ZC - you need SI or HF distributor - you need the round 7 wire distributor connector from SI or HF engine harness - swap it onto your harness with wire colors matching the wire colors on the other side of the connector, which is on the distributor - you will have 2 empty slots, one with blue/yellow wire and one with blue/green wire - the Hasport harness you have should have a connector on it for the Cylinder Position Sensor - this connector will have 2 wires and should come off of the harness by the distributor - you need to put these 2 wires into the empty slots in the 7 wire connector on the engine harness - you will need to do a continuity check to see which wire goes where - the blue/green goes to C1 on the ECU and the blue/yellow goes to C2 on the ECU (i doubt Hasport put the right color wires on it)

I was wondering, i have two wires that come off the harness that go to nothing on my engine, are those the 2 wires you were talking about? Thank you very much! :D

Originally posted by hondazc89@Feb 24 2005, 10:33 PM
I was wondering, i have two wires that come off the harness that go to nothing on my engine, are those the 2 wires you were talking about? Thank you very much! :D
[post=465940]Quoted post[/post]​

hard to answer since i can't see your harness, but if these wires are by the distributor and have a 2 pin connector which looks like it should go to the end of the exhaust camshaft (if you had DOHC), then that is probably it - just check them for continuity from the 'C' connector at the ECU - unplug connector (it is the smallest) and using ohmmeter, probe the C1 pin (blue/green wire) and with the other meter lead, probe the wires that don't go anywhere (cut connector off and add a piece of wire to each of the 2 wires if the leads on your meter won't reach the end of the wires) - if you get continuity on one of the wires then you have found the one matching blue/green on the distributor connector - the other one should be the blue/yellow and you can check it by probing ECU connector pin C2

well i just did an mpfi swap and i had to go through the same thing, you will need an si dizzy and you will have to run the 2 wires from the ecu to the dizzy, pin C1 on ecu to blue/green wire on dizzy and C2 on ecu to blue/yellow on dizzy.

Back