1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 civic on three cylinders.. worth it?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by mikes89civicstd, May 6, 2006.

1. mikes89civicstd

mikes89civicstd Junior Member

I have a buddy with a white 89 civic std, only one spot of rust on front fender, that run son 3 clyinders. I had the exact thing happen to my car, and it turned out the be a bad exhaust valve so I know how to fix it. The car has 91,000 miles on it, four-speed manual, no options. Included two extra snow tires with half tread left, has new alternator, starter, plugs, and wires. ALso is including 4 amps, two 12 subs and one 10, with boxes, and maybe a gel battery. The wiring is there for everything. He is asking $1000 bucks. Is this a good deal? I'm going to try and talk him down to about $900 or $850 but i want someone elses input because I am sort of biased towards civics for some reason..

Thanks guys
  2. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

Tallahassee Fl
    if you lowball him yeah its a good deal. Afterall you can go get a another motor for dirt cheap. Or buy a z6 vtec for pretty cheap also. Hell you can sell the extra stereo stuff and save some money!
  3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

where's he located, ill come scoop it up if he's close
Draft saved Draft deleted