1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 civic si ??

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 89efcivic, Jan 30, 2010.

1. 89efcivic

89efcivic New Member

i got a 89 civic si with a non vtech 1.6l ..anyways im trying to figure out what swap i want in it.looking for what you all think

2. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

b16

3. Sofast

Sofast Member

B16 but the B18a1 would be the cheapest and easiest

4. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

VQ37VHR swap. definitely

5. LANDIS

LANDIS New Member

All depends on how much $$$$ you want to put in it and how many horses you want to get out of it..... Swap skills and time to wrench- do play a good role in what swap is best but hell- go big!

6. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

okaqy, really we need to lock one of these. he put 2 of them up, we just need to post to the other. mods help?

7. Sofast

Sofast Member

How about a 1982 De Lorean DMC-12 swap. Since plutonium is costly i would go with a waste managment system. A few banana peals and a few dirty diapers and you will be fast enough to travel back to the future. And you will be saving the earth, GO GREEN!

8. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

B20b block with eagle H beam rods, JE pistons, ported B16 head, Venom intake manifold, spoon ecu, GT ballbearing turbo top mounted, RC 750cc injectors:driver2:

9. MexiChriS

MexiChriS New Member

Damn it, just about every other persons question when I check a post... 'which engine to choose?' even though this may be 'outdated' so to say this ...Honestly, idk people don't just go & scope through forums & check out CRX or any other model 'build threads' and see the work put into different engine swaps, instead of asking a direct question for others to choose your engine, ya know?

Not trying to be mean or anything, but just listen, doing that that would give everyone more info on different engines & parts along with it that's going into a CRX or any other model, plus you might see the cost (or google the parts for $$ & add/estimate) and the labor put into an swap! I'm just sayin, so everyone gets more of a slight insight & taste on what they would or could want for THEIR engine swap... I think the engine asking question posts should be a 'post removal' or be directed with a message towards something like I just said.

Well any way's, it's been awhile, what did ya decide on for your engine swap!?
    I'm currently saving up for a JDM H22a and waiting till April or sooner for my CRX. If not that a '99-'00 EK Hatch will be obtained & a H22 as well; cause those will do for me:)

10. efb20b

efb20b New Member

B20 with gsr vtech heads

11. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

2 cylinder heads!? :-0 and with vtech!! no way!

12. ZCpowerdSI

ZCpowerdSI New Member

I have a stage one cam for your engine you have now. Wonna buy it?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted