89 civic sleeper and 92 civic eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikesturr

okay so im new and had a post about my 92 eg before on this site.
i have done nothing to that car since my post except take almost everything off and sand the front of the car and thats were i stand now. any way i bought a 89 civic sleeper from a mechanic . it has a b16a but its been rebuilt, port and polished new everything and made type R . converted to obd1 on hondata s200 . anyone know anything about puting the engine in my eg? the eg has a gsr tranny and ls motor on it. the 89 i think has the stock ls tranny? i know its a cable tranny. but could i swap the engines in the cars and both still run? Here are pics. oh and the 89 has a obx 2.5 stainless steel exhuast to the back . could i use that on my eg since im using the jdm 4-1 header aswell in the eg. if theres anyone who knows a shit ton about hondas and has done swaps forever now and wants to help me out please let me know im located in the 21234 area b-more

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

You have a good start point but I'm a bit confuse.

You want to swap engines?

I recommend "NO" and "NO"...if the hatchback is already obd1 just get it tuned and leave it there. You could put a cable b16 trans in it to make it more fun.

YOur eg, I recommend going Ls vtec all motor also and get it tuned and drag for weekend fun. Or, you could drag your ef. Either way you have a good setup besides the tranny you got. And I'm not convinced that your b16a is a type R and been rebuilt that thing looks like it havent seen a machine shop.

as for your engine swap between ef and eg goes you can do that just make sure you groung the vtec sol. and run 2 wires to the ecu in the proper location and have the hondata re flashed for vtec if your useing the ecu from the eg but you can swap. i have done a b18c5 in a ef and then from the ef to an eg hatch.

Clean up the mess under the hood. Paint, change rusted nuts and bolts, corrosion, etc. Then, take it from there.

i want to put the ls motor in the ef9 so i can sell it cause i dont want that car. probly gona sell it for 1,500 . i want to keep the eg. the eg already has a new clutch and gsr trans so i want to put the b16 on that gsr but i have no experience . i was thinking about ls/vtech but the b16 was rebuilt port and polished new arp head studs new cams pistions rods everything. then a nice tune. the guy had it sitting for a while so he sold it to me . engine only has 15,000 miles . the ls motor was also rebuilt when i bought it . it has 300 miles lol i wana sap engines to have one car and i wana keep the eg.

Back