89 Civic turbo hatch, oil leak & white smoke ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BLACKMARKETOC

Hi i need some help, i just bought a 89 civic hatch with turbo kit & jdm b16a engine swap. The ? i need help with is, when i bought it it had a slight oil leak from the valve cover gasket so its leaking oil now and im getting allot of white smoke some times out my exahast. I don't know if its from the oil or maybe something else wrong with the engine??? The white smoke only seams to come right after i realy get on it like really high rpm's. Then i come to a stop and a ton of white smoke comes out the tail pipe. It also seams to lose power sometimes after im boosting at high rpm's. any help would be great im new to turbo's thanks.

Not necessarily, the head gasket typically blows from one inner chamber to another. Even if your headgasket was blown to the outside of the motor, the oil will most likely burn before it even sees the light of day.

go with blanco's suggestion and get the studs. I personally could never find any for my D15, but you dont want to have to replace them again. and with a turbo, that might be a little sooner than without.

Back