1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 Crx B16 Turbo help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Quik E, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Quik E

Quik E New Member

I picked up a project and have some bugs to work out, besides all the cosmetic stuff, the car starts fine, idles ok, but when i try to get into it at 4000rpm it bogs and i get CEL. Now if i ease into it i runs a little better but still cuts all power @ 4000rpm and i get CEL. It will not even build any boost before it cuts out, at least thats is what the boost guage is saying.

What I know:
    car is running p28 w/ s100 basemap ( i dont know how to tune, could use some tips )
    450 injectors
    stock pump ( i have walbro to install, also could use some tips here )

2. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

Sounds like it has the stock map sensor and its throwing it into limp mode...

3. Jswike

Jswike New Member

In-line or in-tank pump? I would install the pump, then take the car to get dyno-tuned. But lets start with the obvious... what CEL is it spitting? Also, since you don't even hit boost, the stock map sensor is not stressing. I would also do an oil change and listen for a knock. Irrelevant, but its a turbo honda that doesn't run right... and people are retarded.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted