1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 CRX BRAKE CONVERSION (HELP)

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by DAZ81, Feb 29, 2004.

1. DAZ81

DAZ81 Junior Member

Ok here in merry ol England I gotta 89 CRX with a 91 JDM B16A SIR conversion ITR 'R' inlet manifold plus cams full zorst plus lots more work. Car's kickin out about 188 BHP.
    i'm runing 17's I have heard down the grapevine that NSX (NA1) calipers with a change in bracket will fit with bigger disks. Is it 4 or 5 stud and is it true that they can fit? and has it been done? My local garage import ICEMAN induction kits. I've never heard of them. What are they like and are they any good? :worthy:
    Cheers guys. Any info's good. :roll:

REX GONNA GIVE IT TO YA!!!

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Yes, you can use NSX calipers. You're might have to change your steering knuckle though, and you'll definitely have to modify the caliper mounting surface. The number of lugs depends on your hub and disc choice- you can probably get the discs redrilled to match your bolt pattern. Older Acura Legend calipers can be adapted to fit also- they're pretty much the same as the ITR calipers.

Iceman intakes are pretty nice- quite a few people hold them right up there with the AEM cold air intakes. They're basically mildly funneled cold air ram intakes made of plastic. The plastic helps them to resist underhood heat more, and the slight funneling of the tubing helps to increase air velocity a bit too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted