89 CRX d16 handle turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yodaesu

I am buying a turbo kit off my friends civic for 350 hes giving me the garret gt25r turbo with the frontmount piping couplings downpipe, tubular manifold, blow off valve..etc..
i have a stock d16 in crx and id like to get the turbo on asap and get it tuned to run nice on like 6 psi until i build the motor up a bit.

will my engine and axels handle this or am i going to expect a big boom when i step on it.

also he told me i need a valve or something like that called the missing link to connect my vaccum lines together with the turbo line going with it so its a 3 point valve, do you guys know anything about this?

OMG I want to do the same thing! I heard the stock A6's can run comfortly on 10psi but I was thinking about mine on 6-7psi. Please help us with are quest for are turboed rex's!

It's called a missing link, and can be had from Xenocron and a handful of other websites.

As for the turbo on your CRX, you should be alright on 6-7 psi on a standard T25.

Why the hurry to boost it? If you already have intentions of rebuilding it in the near future, spend the money to rebuild it now. It will save you some time and probably some headaches.

well hes not going to hold the kit for me forever so im probably going to buy it now and work on getting wiseco pistons, bigger injectors and the walboro fuel pump, otherwise im fine with that. i will run low 13's at probably 230 to the wheels with just that simple work.

Back