89 crx dohc zc injectors not spraying

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Probably should substitute "MORON" where you originally used "two year old" - it probably wouldn't be as phuked up if a 2 year old did it.

Tha car got brought to me with a rev limit at 3 grand. Tha wiring looked like it was done by a rwo year old. I wired better made it look nicer noticed tha timing was way out. Re did tha timing so it right. Now it won't start........... Any ideas

Not a clue. Other than go through the wiring wire by wire or probably a better idea is to disconnect the engine harness at the RH wheel well, charge battery and attempt to determine if the rest of the vehicle wiring works correctly - wipers, lights, turn signals, horn, safety flashers, fuel pump, and so on.

Replace engine harness and take it from there.

Be VERY careful, keep a hose handy or better yet a large capacity fire extinguisher - that thing is ripe for a disaster. I would work on it outside and not in a building.

Above is the voice of experience.

Good luck with it bro.

Last edited:
Tha ks for tha advice. Yea when i was younger i hade a fire experince under a hood. Luckily I was ok and not too muxh damage to tha car that wasnt.easily fixable.
Tha car wants to start just won't I know im close but i want it dine and gone cuz now im .loseing money

^ Oh jeez, it's a job and your own project car. No idea on what to do next here - make it a learning lesson and model for your estimating and billing structure for the future.

Notwithstanding the train wreck the wiring is - you are clearly experienced. The TDC error is the ECU not getting a reference pulse or signal from the distributor. I'm not looking at a schematic right now but will suggest it's the main reference signal. Open wire or reversed wires on that sensor from the distributor. Do you need some schematics?

Idk tha code went away. Did a compression test for tha Hell if it. From dizzy to belt
150-60-150-30. That's not right. Did a wet test 150 across. Put a lil more oil for tha rings upt plugs in and it fired right up. Tha whole time my wiring was right. Told guy he came n got it. Problem solved

Idk what happend but tha code just went away. Did compression test from dirty to belt
150_60_150_30. Did wet test 150 accross. Added a lil more oil put plugs back in fired up. Told tha guy about it. He was happy it started he took it and were discussed a ls swap

Sorry Idk why I haven't been able to respond. I tried twice hasent worked. Anyways thanks for tha help. It turned out to be two dead cylinders. From dizzy to belt 150-60-150-30. I put oil in dead cylinders 150 on all 4. Fired right up. Told customer. He said he will drive it like that till it blows then buy a ls or something.
Again much thanks too all that helped me.

Oh just kidding lol I get it there is a secong page. Wow took me that long to figure that out. What a dumbass lol hahahahaha

Back