1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 crx dohc zc swap. milled head.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by bannacrx, Nov 6, 2007.

1. bannacrx

bannacrx New Member

i swapped a jdm dohc zc into my 89 gutted crx. ive got a coldair, apexi catback exaust, and bigger plug wires with ngk sparkplugs (no biggie there).

question is, ive heard that shaving the head 1.4mm will increase the compression to 10.6:1. is this true, and what kind of power gains am i looking at? thanks.

2. blackice90HB

blackice90HB Senior Member

Why? Oh so piontless. Drivability will suck. Put that interior back in your Rex, its not saving you any weight. Boost the ZC and be happy going fast.

3. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

milling the head 1.4mm on the DOHC ZC using a stock head gasket will raise the compression ratio to 10.87:1 - with that much milled from the head, you would have to get adjustable cam gears - unless you add bigger camshafts and a bigger throttle body in order to take advantage of the higher compression ratio, it is going to hurt the performance - you would also need to have a chipped ECU in order to supply more fuel and to better control the ignition timing - you would need to determine what is required for fuel and timing by some serious dyno tuning - having tried all kinds of different higher compression ratios on the ZC (all the way up to near 14:1), i can tell you that you are better off leaving the compression alone

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted