89 crx dx obd1 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnastix

Hey guys,
just a week ago i bought an 89 crx dx with a '95 D16z6 taken from a 95 del sol. The car is coverted to OBD-1. The gauge cluster is off a 94-up integra. The gauges are functional. BUT... :cry: about two or three days ago, i noticed that my tailights dont turn on except for when i step on the brake, my parking lights dont turn on nor do my gauge or any interior lights work. It all worked fine before, but not anymore. The things that never worked were my emergency flasher, light dimmer, or my rear window defrost. Under the dash theres a bunch of wires just haging when you take off the fuse cover, within those wires, theres more than a couple that arent hooked up to anything, and also there are plugs that arent plugged anywhere either. I checked my fuses and they all seem fine, so what could have been the cause of my lights to stop working? would it be a simple fix? Also, i got the car for $1000... was it a good buy? thanks for any input guys.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys,
just a week ago i bought an 89 crx dx with a '95 D16z6 taken from a 95 del sol. The car is coverted to OBD-1. The gauge cluster is off a 94-up integra. The gauges are functional. BUT... :cry: about two or three days ago, i noticed that my tailights dont turn on except for when i step on the brake, my parking lights dont turn on nor do my gauge or any interior lights work. It all worked fine before, but not anymore. The things that never worked were my emergency flasher, light dimmer, or my rear window defrost. Under the dash theres a bunch of wires just haging when you take off the fuse cover, within those wires, theres more than a couple that arent hooked up to anything, and also there are plugs that arent plugged anywhere either. I checked my fuses and they all seem fine, so what could have been the cause of my lights to stop working? would it be a simple fix? Also, i got the car for $1000... was it a good buy? thanks for any input guys.

die. I hate you. I can't find even a riced out, beaten to absolute hell, non running 2nd gen crx out here in cali for less than 1200. And your's is converted to obd1 already. the conversion alone is worth a couple hundred bucks. Just be greatful. I'd take the car off you in a second if you were near me. Wiring is easy. Just get a helms, the lighting has nothing to do with any of the ecu's wiring, it should just be standard. Have fun in your cheap as dirt rex.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys,

die. I hate you. I can't find even a riced out, beaten to absolute hell, non running 2nd gen crx out here in cali for less than 1200. And your's is converted to obd1 already. the conversion alone is worth a couple hundred bucks. Just be greatful. I'd take the car off you in a second if you were near me. Wiring is easy. Just get a helms, the lighting has nothing to do with any of the ecu's wiring, it should just be standard. Have fun in your cheap as dirt rex.

lol actually im in california, to be exact, merced california... lol so how would i go about fixing the lighting problem?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys,

lol actually im in california, to be exact, merced california... lol so how would i go about fixing the lighting problem?

I guess I'm just unlucky in finding one then. Get a helms manual, and just figure out which wires go where. That is your best bet.

i got both my 89 crx dx and 88crx dx for 300. i gave the 88 away because it was shit. and kept the parts car to build up. im in kansas. but at least you guy s can go pick up an engine. i have to order mine and pay out the ass.

UPDATE:

ok so it turns out it was a fuse that i mistakenly didnt check last time, and i replaced it today, and my gauge lights, tailghts and parking lights came on!! yes!!... but one of the front parking lights isnt working...its the passenger side one, and i replaced it with a new bulb and still nothing, the wiring looks good, so what can be cause? and what can be the solution? sorry for all these questions... i appreciate all the help from you guys!! thanks.

Back