1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 crx jdm d15b hunting idle help please

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by purplepearldx, Mar 9, 2011.

1. purplepearldx

purplepearldx New Member

I swapped a d15b into my 89 crx dx, converted to obd1. Im having problems with the car bouncing or surging idle, from 1200-1600 rpm. I took the FITV apart, cleaned and tighten. I also cleaned IACV, then replaced with another. Bleed coolant system a million times now. I plug the hole inside the TB and no difference, i unhook the IACV and still no difference, now it will idle at 800 steady rpm fine, you give it a very little throttle and it starts surging, all vacuum lines are fine, checked with carb and choke cleaner, same with Tb and Im gaskets. I hardwired IACV to ecu, A9, blk/blu wire, and grounded the yell/blk. Ive fixed several cars with this problem before but this has got me. Seems like the IACV wiring is not right, but its not hard wiring a 2 wire plug.. any ideas?

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Is it throwing any codes?

3. purplepearldx

purplepearldx New Member

just a code for auto trans, which its obv a auto p28. it surges all the time, when cold and warm. Cant a FITV go bad? I cleaned mine and tightened the adj screw inside it, or whatever it may be..

4. d-mon

d-mon what r u compensating 4?

when i first put in my p28 auto, it surged like a mofo.
    converted ecu to manual, all better.

5. FASTED9

FASTED9 New Member

the iacv which is blue/yellow goes in a11 not a9 try that

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted