89 crx problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chap_e77

ok I have a 89 crx si
Its been a little over 2 years since I started it.
I went to start it and it would not start. I checked fuel. fuel was getting there, I could smell it when I took the plugs out.( I just put five gallons in the tank) I checked for spark. there's spark. I checked for compression. Im getting 170-180 across all four. Checked all the fuses. all of them looked good. checked the ground wires. all connected and have good contact. Does anybody know what else I should be looking for. I just cant see what else there should be.

Quoted post[/post]]
ok I have a 89 crx si
Its been a little over 2 years since I started it.
I went to start it and it would not start. I checked fuel. fuel was getting there, I could smell it when I took the plugs out.( I just put five gallons in the tank) I checked for spark. there's spark. I checked for compression. Im getting 170-180 across all four. Checked all the fuses. all of them looked good. checked the ground wires. all connected and have good contact. Does anybody know what else I should be looking for. I just cant see what else there should be.
check to see if the spark is making past the spark plugs. check to see if fuel is getting past the injectors. check to see if you car is still in proper timing. if all those are good, just keep clicking the key back and forth to where you hear the fuel pump turn on, do not try and start it. do that a few times till you are absolutely sure the fuel rail is full with gas, then try and start it.

I honestly think the problem lies with you letting it sit for 2 years and the little bit of gas that was in there turned all gunky like it usually does. Just because you added fuel doesn't change the gunky fuel.

How do I get the fuel out of the tank without droping the tank? once its out were do I dispose of it? I assume Ill have to change the fuel filter and get the injectors cleaned? Thanks on the tip about the fuel being bad, never even crossed my mind.

Back