89 crx project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aces CrX

i just recently purchaced an 89 crx from a guy i work with it has the 1.5L 16 valve so im thinking thats the dx, i bought it as a side project to tune up a little kinda on a budget so not looking for anything drastic. A buddy of mine is going with me to a junk yard this weekend see what we can find, so i guess my question is what are some options for me so i know what to look for, the engine has 191k on it. Im looking to spend no more then 600 this weekend, any help will do thanks and sorry for the long post.

Your $600 would probably be better spent on craiglist. You can probably find some sort of a low mileage d-series swap for that price. The junkyards may not have anything; I know the yards around here don't have much at all.

get a b18 swap out of a 91-93 obd0 integra, i just picked up a complete swap for 500. the torque really makes a light crx boogie

get a b18 swap out of a 91-93 obd0 integra, i just picked up a complete swap for 500. the torque really makes a light crx boogie

pair it with a B16 trans later and you've got yourself a great little beater.

yea ive done checked over craigslist and havent found anything, ive thought about doing a b swap but im new to the honda world so i dont know much of what i would need to replace by doing a d swap or b swap

ok so went to the junkyard looked around for a couple hours and found a few hondas and an 88 acura integra ls special hatchback back i got the vin and looked up the car it has the 1.6L L4 DOHC 16v, would that bolt into my crx im thinking its the d16a1?

That's a DOHC ZC, and it'd make a nice swap for your CRX. It is a D-Series, so it wouldnt be a difficult swap

I was wondering, is it possible to use a ZC head with my D16A6?
You mean a DOHC head on a SOHC block? Its possible, but from what I understand it takes quite a bit of work. Here: Putting a ZC head on a D16a6. pics. - D-series.org
thanks for the info, what all would i need to get off that car to do the swap?
You'll certainly want the ECU, engine, and transmission is optional, I belive you can bolt your stock tranny up to the new engine. You can use your factory wiring harness, but you may have to make a few changes. Look up ZC swap CRX, it is a very well covered topic in this forum and others on the internet.

so ive checked thru pages on here and i think there referring to a different engine, i checked around on google and one site said that it wouldnt bolt up to mine even tho its considered the american version of the zc, it said the motor mounts wouldnt work and there was no place who made them. Soif i went with this direction would i need to try and get the tranny along with it and try and find some mounts or try and locate a different site, or different engine

Dude I have a dual zc swap in my 91 hatch and it's slow bro. Shits an easy ass swap though. I'd go with a SOHC zc. Slightly less hp but so much easier to deal with. Everything u have bolts right up just need to switch from dpi to multi point. Snag that resistor box off the zc though cuz you'll need that at least for your multi point set up. Then Get another 600 and turbo that bitch stock. Great motor for that. Don't even build it cuz its not worth it just buy new motors instead. they will last though so don't think you'll burn through motors or anything. Just don't boost the hell out of them. 6-8lbs all day dude. You'll love the way u look. I guarantee it haha. Hope I'm not too late

Back