'89 CRX Si w/ B18 motor flooding badly!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90awdraleigh

We just completed a complete rebuild on a '91 Integra LS motor and then swapped it into a 1989 CRX Si. The motor runs, but it is running PIG rich, we stink of unburnt gas everytime we are around the car when it is cranked. We have tried re-routing the vaccum lines, switching out injectors, switching computers, setting the TPS...and many other things. The question is why is the car running so freaking rich? When you try to step on the gas, the car wants to go nowhere, it is so slow. Also when you step on the gas with the car out of gear the motor hesitates, sometimes backfiring, and then slowly climps in RPM's. We are stumped at this point, and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

90awdraleigh: Could you let me know wht you find out with your car because my B16 CRX is running rich as well. My number 2 cylinder is flooded. I'm gonna try new spark plugs to start off then with the injector and fuel pressure regulator. But make sure your timing is right and that there are no vacuum leaks. If I find out what is wrong with mine I will let you know as well.

i remember when we swapped my zc the motor was doin the exact same thing and we finally saw that the plug wires were plugged in the distro wrong. haah. check that because that sounds exactly like what happened to me.

Back