89 Crx With B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

7thgen01

ive got an 89 crx si and i have a JDM b16 (88-91) . i need to know what all is needed to swap. will i be able to use my factory mounts? wiring harness? axles? :unsure:

Originally posted by 7thgen01@Apr 23 2003, 09:04 PM
ive got an 89 crx si and i have a JDM b16 (88-91) . i need to know what all is needed to swap. will i be able to use my factory mounts? wiring harness? axles? :unsure:

You need a mount kit,modified shiftlinkage and a couple other little things,do a search for it,there are a ton of good threads about it.

Look to hasport for linkage and mounts although you can find the parts for much cheaper. They are very reputable and many people trust them so that's who I would go with. Your shift linkage you can cut and reweld to make it the right size, but if you don't think you want to go through 3 different linkages trying to get it right then don't do it. Your car is already MPFI(multi port fuel injection) Which is great cuz it's going to save you alot of time not converting it from DPFI to MPFI. You will have to wire for Vtec as well.(Not hard, look on this site and try to find the thread with a picture of this. I actually think that 92B16 sent this, so you might want to E-mail him) Other than that keep me noted on how it goes.

Back