89 crx wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxhfz6

Yesterday I drove my car just fine but when I went to leave it started and then died about two seconds later. I cranked it over awhile but it wouldn't fire I looked up some thing because I thought it was the main relay. I was told when they key is turned to the on position it is supposed to click three times. It was only clicking twice. I bought a new one but before I put it in I tried starting it and it started fine and. Ran for about thirty seconds then died. I then put the new relay in and it still doesn't fire and it only clicks twice as well. What else would it be also its an 89 hf with a z6. I also checked all fuses and they are good

yea the coil in the distributor ,, take the distrib cap off and see if the rotor is truning inside if it is its prob the coil

Of course check the things previously mentioned, but also check the charge on your battery....after repeated attempts it might be tired. More importantly, and it relates to rotor turning,......timing belt. You might have lost a section of teeth.

Back