89 Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda_cervix

I have an 89 :worthy: CRX. I want to put a new motor in it. What is the best and how hard would it be.

Lol i just bought a 89 CRX Si too, i myself am going the LS/T route...but it all depends on what are u planning to use the car for, u can get a integra type r motor for lots of $$$ and build it all motor, or u can get a cheaper engine and turbo/supercharge/or all motor it....so it all depends on what u want from the car...the Bseries swaps aren't too hard while the ZC and d-series are direct bolt in, and the H series require some modifications B) hope that helps

its not an si, so it would have to be wired for v-tec and its auto so how hard would it be to change into a manual and how much.

Sell your auto, buy a manual. After $300-$500 in parts and a shitload of time you have a car that you could have had much easier and cheaper buy just selling the car you have and getting a 5 speed. And as for swap value I would do a b18a into your rex, if you look around at junkyards you may get a full swap for $500 or less. Add $350 for motor mounts and shift linkage (ebay) and you have a crx with around 135 hp and 125 tq (I think). Thats at the flywheel ofcourse. Then you can decide if you want to turbo it or maybe do ls/vtec. Do a search and you will find alot of info on this topic. Good luck

I also have a 89 CRX DX and I want to put a d15 vtec into it. Will my distributor match up. It will bolt right correct. Any advice besides getting a 5speed. My car is kind of a show car and i dont want ot sell it just make it faster.

I also have a 89 CRX DX and I want to put a d15 vtec into it. Will my distributor match up. It will bolt right correct. Any advice besides getting a 5speed. My car is kind of a show car and i dont want ot sell it just make it faster.

Im possibly buying my friends auto 88 CRX and was thinking about dropping an Si manual tranny in it and possibly going the ZC road. Would it be easier to find a manual CRX or buy a used Si tranny and pop it in? I have a shop I can use and an ass load of tools at my disposal. Everything you need to do it and the knowledge im just wondering if its worth it or not.

Peace!
SpEcTrA

Originally posted by mwasnp@Apr 25 2003, 02:10 PM
Sell your auto, buy a manual. After $300-$500 in parts and a shitload of time you have a car that you could have had much easier and cheaper buy just selling the car you have and getting a 5 speed. And as for swap value I would do a b18a into your rex, if you look around at junkyards you may get a full swap for $500 or less. Add $350 for motor mounts and shift linkage (ebay) and you have a crx with around 135 hp and 125 tq (I think). Thats at the flywheel ofcourse. Then you can decide if you want to turbo it or maybe do ls/vtec. Do a search and you will find alot of info on this topic. Good luck

ok for our cars...let's get this straight...since we have cable tranny the auto to manual swap takes about a half an hour and $35...well for me it took just that...i did it in my 89 civic 4 door along with doing my b16 swap...i am very happy with it...all you really need to get is a pedal box ($25) out of an 88-91 civic or crx...don't get one from a front clip because they won't fit cuz of the right hand drive...and the clutch cable ($10)...as far motors go...i say go with a b16...i just like the idea of having vtec even though mine doesn't work right now cuz my plug that goes into the solenoid broke!!! :angry: anyways...it mainly depends on your budget...i say b16 turbo is better than ls turbo...most people go ls turbo cuz it's cheaper and it's already low compression...it's all up to you cuz everyone has different opinions...hope this helps

I just bought a 1991 Crx HF, and I was thinking about putting a D16 in it. I know that the B16 is a better engine and will make it faster, but how should a D16 do in it. I know you should get a B16 over a D16, but the money is stopping me.

What kind of 1/4 mile times do you think a 91 CRX HF with a D16 would have?

Back