89 ef with d16z6 and turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91whitehatch

i finally got most of the issues with my motor swap figured out but i have a question about injectors. i am running a d16z6 with basically stock bottom end ( except pistons) and a port matched head. its got a skunk2 intake manifild and a full t3/4 turbo that i am putting on. i was told to get dsm injectors with the resistor box. my question how do i wire them up? my harness doesnt have the stock ends for the stock injectors they were cut when i got it. i have looked but cant find an answer. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Ok there are two methods for doing the dsm injectors. Home made turbo has this one at DSM Injector Install. Or you can do this using the honda injector resistor box. On your stock harness where the plugs are cut off you will see 4 of the same colored wires. Those are the hot side and have full battery voltage going to them. In order to wire up the resitor box. You will see 5 wires coming out of it. 4 red/black wires and one yellow/black. You will splice all of your hot side wires and hook that up to the yellow black side of the injector resistor box. Then take the red/black side and run that over to your injectors. Then the other side of the injector wiring harness will go to the ecu as normal. If you need to look at the how to and diagrams check out the how to go from dpfi to mpfi in the reference section on here. It will show you how to wire up the resistor box.

injectors

ok i read the articules you listed. i have anoyther question. in my harness there is only 2 yellow and black wires, one blue, one brown,one red and one yellow. so the two yellow-black wires splice together with the yellow-black to the resistor box. the red-black wires on my resistor box to the yellow-black wires on my injectors. then the remaining colors just color match. is this correct? the guy who had the car before me ordered the harness and put it in the car. i know that its got a p28 ecu with turbonetics chip. the car ran when i got it but am intending to turbo it and wanted bigger injectors. i know its got the right harness in it being all the stuff that changed from the stock d15b to the d16z6. like the o2 sensor and the change of the tps...ect, any input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Yes you would be correct just match the wires in the correct order for the 1234 sequence but everything else is correct.

Back