1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 hatch j35a1 + megasquirt2 ready for wiring to start

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by blownv6hatchback, Dec 30, 2009.

1. blownv6hatchback

blownv6hatchback New Member

Hey, maybe someone can post a link, or something, with the circuit diagram for an 89 ef hatch engine harness, with duel point injection. It's just too cold to stand out there with the meter and figure it out. I lost the original engine harness years ago, when I put the first 6 cylinder in, and now I'm left with the two round bulkhead connectors and a rectangular connector under the hood to connect the injection, starter, and alternator. Now, I know I could just twisty tie it together but it would be much better if can plug in cleanly to the original wiring.

Still have to find a pc that will post pics. ef hatch with hydraulic clutch, 5 lug, rear disc w/e-brake 3.5L with distributor added, 89 legend 5 speed, custom axle carrier(engine block cut extensively for fit), custom oil pan, 1.75 primaries 4" collector 6 to1 single header, 4" extension and tail pipe, reskinned hood(04 X terra), for engine clearance. It is all ready to go except wiring and tuning.

2. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Sounds like a sweet project

You should definitely post pics.

3. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

^Yeah I would love to see pics of it.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Very curious how you mounted it all in the engine bay.

I'm getting a scanner soon- if you haven't found a diagram before then, I'll try to post up scans of my service manual.

5. blownv6hatchback

6. phunky.buddha

Very nice! How do you go about centering it in the engine bay? Just curious... or does it not matter- do you just jam it in however it'll fit and then make custom axles to take out the error?

7. efhondakid

Damn! Thats a tight fit, I like that front bumper. :thumbsup:

8. blownv6hatchback

That is the only good location and position for my engine/transmission combo. The front spindle knuckles are 02 Accord sedan, they fit perfect, except that I had to bore the LCA for the Accord lower ball joint. The hubs accept 89 Legend CV shafts+half shaft. The 5 speed transmission is from an 89 Legend, with no mods. I stuck with this C series transmission because the center of the input shaft was closer to the center of the output shaft than the J series is which allowed to set the engine back further and still be level and strait.

I think it will start in less than month. This worse than waiting for Christmas.
    I have had two kids since I started this project, money has always been tight or non existant so we'll see how it goes.

9. blownv6hatchback

The burn-out king

It runs, finally, and it is a monster ha ha hahhhh. I've only launched it out of the garage several times because I'm still tuning and it needs tags. I'm gonna get some video later today. I definitely need to take this to the track or something to put this thing to work. The only issue so far will be tires. This dude says his Pontiac Trans- am with a 406 and a big sloshy carb will smoke me. He putting up $1000 so that's a good start, easy money. Won't be posting a how to (because my methods are kind of risky) but there might be one or two details in this that could be useful to someone.

10. phunky.buddha

Very nice! Which methods are risky? I still want to see more of how you mounted everything up.

11. blownv6hatchback

I use a die grinder a lot. Video didn't happen tonight because the main relay setup is making me cycle the key really fast to get ignition. Gotta fix that. I said a bunch of other stuff and then fat fingered a button and lost it. Motor mounts are hand fabbed cuff and pin style with urathane.

12. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

very nice! so how did you end up doing the wiring?

13. efhondakid

:werd:

14. blownv6hatchback

Anyone else using magasquirt for honda I need to put together some kind of support group
    for megasquirting hondas or something. The megasquirt forums have banned me for no reason.
    Although, I could speculate that they are paranoid and think I'm out to get them, because I've done so much research with too many ip addresses. I don't know. I'm close to calling this megasquirt thing a total waste of time, for anyone especially Hondas.
    The hatch is starting but without good support for their ever changing system megasquirt could seriosly damage my engine. Maybe just post about your experiance with these guys, their system and your Honda. No slander.

15. efhondakid

Hondata is the way to go, but in your case Id likr to think MS is really the best option.

16. jester1020

jester1020 New Member

I know its an old dead thread but did you figure out the squirt? if not what did you use for an ecu?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted